Friday, May 22, 2009

Castor School visit

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to go to St. Theresetta Catholic School in Castor, AB. I had such a fantastic time doing a felt making workshop with kindergarten to grade four. The children were so enthusiastic about working with wool and had so many questions for me when the workshop was finished. I really felt like part of the school for the day. I'm thinking that if the staff and kids at that school were so nice then the rest of the community must be equally as good also. I put Castor on my must visit if ever passing by list. Today I worked at St. Lukes in Brooks. Again we had our regulars making hand moled handbags. I have to say these girls inspire me. There enthusiasm rejuvenates me. Whenever I'm in a creative slump watching my students can spark some good ideas. I guess we are never to old to learn and inspiration is everywhere. Speaking of which. I'm teaching a weekend course June 13-14. I hope to inspire all my students to create and be creative and totally happy with their wonderful designs. Come join us by registering by email. woolmine@eidnet.org

No comments:

Post a Comment